Saxophone Forum

by kelsey
(930 posts)
14 years ago

Change of names??

I for one would be for changing the name of Parker's tune "Donna Lee" to...... "Was Anybody Hurt??

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Change of names??

Wow!! I just found out that Miles Davis wrote Donna Lee......All my life I thought Bird was the composer... Goggle has once again burst my bubble.
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by newreedsyndrome
      (343 posts)

14 years ago

man go on youtube and find nelson rangell playing donna lee with the GRP all stars band. whatever you think of his straight ahead playing, you have to respect the fact that his laser precision double tounging is in fact the most absurdly burning single tounging you will ever hear and yeah, miles wrote it. bird got the credit due to a mistake on the part of the folks who designed the album art but miles still recieved the royalties and couldn't care less who people thought wrote it

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

14 years ago

Piccolo, clarinet and Burton on vibes. So clean!! It's a great tune. I've always done it on flute, but lately I've been working it up on my Alto. The key of Ab was some trouble as I remember when I first starting doing it on flute. It's much easier on Alto....Kelsey
        Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM