Saxophone Forum

by jazzcat522
(21 posts)
14 years ago

Vandoren Glass Reed Resurfacer and Reed Stick

just bought this about 2 weeks ago and i have been filing my reeds and it works!!!! i used to use reed rush but each case of reed rush is very inconsistent and makes it hard to get a specific file or cut(if you will) what i know do is i wet the reed for a couple of minutes then test it, let it dry then go to work with the Vandoren Glass Reed Resurfacer and Reed Stick and it works perfect reed all the time...i file and go to work until i get my particular level of response for the reed plus you can wash it and then store it for later use... very useful i would recomend it to every one you will definetely make use of it...i think they sell it here at sax quest

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Mobile Band
    (27 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Vandoren Glass Reed Resurfacer and Reed Stick

The best system for working on reeds I found for me is the ATG System of Tom Ridenour. Light years better than any other system I found yet. Berlin mobile jazz band

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

14 years ago

you can get the same effect with sandpaper or a file.

Reply To Post

1. by Mobile Band
        (27 posts)

14 years ago

. . . of course. And you can get the same results as Michael Brecker. . . . if you have the know how. ATG is concentreted know how, which uses simple tools. The know how is partly the opposite to methods I heard before, and I guess he worked over years to optimize it. Anyway, for me it was worth the money definitely. (I donĀ“t get money for writing about ATG by the way.) jazz berlin band

Reply To Post