Saxophone Forum

by YanagisawA-901
(312 posts)
20 years ago

-==Great Literature==-

anyone know some good jazz band literature?? im tryna think of some good songs i can maybe introduce to my jazz teacher so we could maybe play them, right now im workin on a bunch of hank levey pieces, my teacher loves him since he was practically best friends with him, like time for a change i think its called? i really want to play that, its a awesome piece. also another good alto solo is "samantha", thats by sammy nestico i believe, our school put out a huge cd about 5 years ago and that song was on it, my friend steve played it, its an absolutely amazing song, anybody heard of those 2 songs? or have any composers or arrangers i should look into? i want this year in jazz to be real fun.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by karebear1012
    (395 posts)

20 years ago

Re: -==Great Literature==-

My school buys music from www.jwpepper.com. They have everything from marching band music to jazz band music to piano solo pieces. Sometimes you can hear clips of the songs too. What I like about that website, is you can search jazz music by solos (like you can search jazz band music with alto sax solos and stuff) Good luck! Kara

Reply To Post