Saxophone Forum

by Sax_Maniac_Online
(4 posts)
14 years ago

Steve Goodson of Saxgourmet.com ROCKS!!!

Dear Sax Players Everywhere: I must tell you a quick little story about someone I have long heard about, bought my sax supplies, but up until yesterday I have never spoken to personally--and that would be Mr. Steve Goodson of Saxgourmet.com! I am embarrassed to say, but I am tied up in a dispute with a fraudulent seller in China (BEWARE guys!) and have MY Paypal account frozen--in other words, I'M BEING PUNISHED for someone else's dishonesty! Therefore, I discovered that a payment to Steve Goodson for an Alto Sax Neck Enhancer was being held up by PayPal! I did not want to ruin my reputation with Steve, so I called Saxgourmet. Low and behold, Steve returned my call within a few hours, and blew me away when he told me not to worry about it, that he was totally cool to wait until the dispute was settled in a week and my funds freed up! WoW! Guys, you don't experience that kind of treatment from a merchants very often anymore, sad to say. Not only that, but Steve spoke with me at length about questions I had, answered all my questions, and even shared some personal experiences about his playing days! Man, I was blown away! I just wanted to tell the Sax Community how I felt about my experience with Mr. Goodson. YOU ROCK MAN! Very Sincerely, Doug Connolly (Sax_Maniac_Online) Teacher, player, & philosopher. Irving, Texas

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by chalazon
      (547 posts)

14 years ago

Re: Steve Goodson of Saxgourmet.com ROCKS!!!

In my experience, no matter what you do, and who you are, someone will dig it and someone else will think it sucks...

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

14 years ago

This is very true. And no matter what you're into, there are always people around to abuse it for personal gain!!...There is no gravity, the world sucks...........kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

3. by Sax_Maniac_Online
      (4 posts)

14 years ago

Ok guys, here's a YouTube.com link of me playing my alto and tenor. I'm a sax player, too. I have two horns for sale, soon to be more--a 1926 Conn Chu Berry Silver Plated Alto, and a King Tenor Saxophone, the H.N. White model. Check em out! Here are the links:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBeKLYyEk3s

Thanks, Doug Connolly

Reply To Post

4. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

14 years ago

I like the old horn and you play it in tune. So what's your point?? Is it you can do Karaoke with San Francisco tracts playing in the background??? I can see you were really enjoying yourself. That's what sax playing is all about. I used to live near Irving. I went to School in Denton. I was an Grad Assistant in the Jazz dept. I like Texas, all except their politics. I now live in Florida. Have a good one.................Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

5. by Sax_Maniac_Online
      (4 posts)

14 years ago

Dear Kelsey, My point was that I AM who I said I was, and that I too am a sax player. Hey, and I have two GREAT saxes for sale on Ebay! Yes, and I love to play with play-along tracks...it's so rare to get to play in front of a big band, so thank God for karaoke! Did you know Dan Haerle of UNT? That was way back, but I remember when he was a grad assistant--what a great educator! I still use several of his improvisation books. :-) God Bless, Sax-Maniac

Reply To Post

6. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

14 years ago

I was there in 69 and 70. I don't remember Dan Haerle. Jim Briggs, Randy Lee, Myself, were 3 of the One Oclock's five saxes. I can't remember anyone else. Leon Breeden was my boss and the head of the Jazz dept. We are talking 40 years ago. Time flys when you are having a good time.....Kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

7. by Sax_Maniac_Online
      (4 posts)

14 years ago

WoW! I knew Jim Briggs real well--jammed with him--(and maybe you too) on "Tenor Madness Night" at Benny's!!! Remember that? Sax players from all over would come to play with that rythme section! Remember that? I ran the dixieland band that played at all the Rangers games in Arlington. Those were some fun times. Maybe Dan Haerle was earlier/later time? You're right--it's hard to remember that far back! lol Sax Maniac Online Doug

Reply To Post

8. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

14 years ago

I was teaching in Arlington as a band director at Ferguson Jr. High before the grad assistant thing in Denton. I also worked at 6 flags over Texas in the Southern Palace during the summers. Small world............kelsey
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

9. by chalazon
      (547 posts)

14 years ago

you guys are both just too cool..really...this is the most fun I've had on sax quest in a long time..mr. maniac, sir..you sound just fine..and a great looking horn..worth reviving..always good to hear from you, Kelsey..keep the faith, gentlemen..

Reply To Post