Saxophone Forum

by saxwife
(4 posts)
20 years ago

selmer modele 26

A friend has asked us to find a value on a horn he inherited. It is a selmer paris horn purchased in europe decades ago. Silver(colour?) finish, the body is in good condition no dents. It is in the original case which is in amazingly pristine condition. My husband is a repair tech and recommends full repad, key tightening etc. Any ideas of the value?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Sax Mom
    (964 posts)

20 years ago

Re: selmer modele 26

A lot of "depends" on that. I would take it to a reputable dealer and ask.

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan
      (559 posts)

20 years ago

probably aorund 3

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
        (767 posts)

20 years ago

Funny thing about old Selmers. They were't considered, by many, to be all that great of horns prior to the Balanced action (some argue the 'Super' [cigar cutter] is an exception), but the antique value of these horns seems to be rather high considering.

Reply To Post

1. by saxwife
          (4 posts)

20 years ago

Thanks for the reply. My husband has a 1937 balanced action which he loves, even though he has since purchased a brand new pro Yamaha( Z something? same as Phil Woods plays) Anyway, this modele 26 appears to be quite rare. He doesn't think it would appeal to a real player, but rather would have antique value. Any idea of the value?

Reply To Post

2. by saxwife
        (4 posts)

20 years ago

Hi Saxmom: My husband is a repair tech, they do sell used horns, but this one seems quite rare. No one locally knows much about it.

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
          (767 posts)

20 years ago

1. by saxwife
            (4 posts)

20 years ago

Thanks John. I forgot to mention, it is an e-flat alto. I checked out the pics and it certainly looks like it. I still can't find a price though. I find ebay a little difficult to navigate...I wouldn't think to put in "silver" in the search, knowing that silver is only the colour, probably not silverplate.

Reply To Post