Saxophone Forum

by bobstad6
(38 posts)
13 years ago

Impossible to "log-in" to forum discussions when emailed about them!

This has been a continuing frustration of Saxquest discussion forums over many years to the point the problem has dissuaded me from participation. When I receive an email signaling new commentary in a forum I'm interested in, I never am able to either log-in to contribute, nor find any means of relocating the comment I'd been emailed about, once I am successfully logged into the web site. If I use the "back" function of my Safari browser, I end up having to log-in all over again, and never am able to find the comment I'd been emailed about. This really sucks. Another really stupid aspect of the discussion forums a person easily discovers and can cope with; is that when using the "preview" function, there the comment a person is working to make clear, has no division of paragraphs though the final post does. At first you assume that the "preview" is what will ultimately appear, as is reasonable to think. What a bogus little trial though when a person has a myriad other things in mind to do at any given time.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by bobstad6
    (38 posts)

13 years ago

Re: Impossible to "log-in" to forum discussions when emailed about them!

One notion which comes immediately to mind of the saxophone, is that few if any other musical instruments seem to be so closely influenced by the play of indecent capitalism's rankest attacks on reason. I always try to balance this impression though, with one which fondly places the technology smack dab in a prior era's extrapolation of steam powered mechanism's; suggested to me first by the great Gerry Mulligan rare outing featuring himself as composer/arranger on the LP AGE OF STEAM which amazingly has yet to be reissued on any CD I know of. There were also once in Seattle a father/son team of repairmen whose last name I think LeSurre was also their shop's business name LESURRE'S; who'd built entirely from scratch a tiny desktop size & functional steam engine a person loved to get a look at; so long ago now I'm not even sure if I'd ever really seen the thing though I seem to remember I have. Who'd been known for their work on double reed instruments I'd guess also were adept to some degree with a sax? I'd have to suggest of myself that in this opinion about capitalism-which I tend to loath in anything, as someone given to my Marxist driven intellect: Experience for me, includes construction of an interesting conical bore, single-reed horn my medium sized hand's breadth in length; deftly combining the sound of a saxophone with the facility of a reed flute in terms of simplicity of construction and mechanisms, as well as some of the playing characteristics of the simpler instrument, though with ten tone holes ultimately whose length is precisely ergonomically specific, in order for the largest, bottom tone hole to be playable with musical quality at the generally excellent balance of the whole of the rest of this amazing instrument. Constructed entirely from remains of an unfortunate Bundy resonite Eb clarinet I'd recently overhauled myself with cork pads which was an amazing player awhile I'd enjoyed. Which now has the former barrel joint attached to the once a clarinet bell, via the two tenons at either extreme of the keybody, sawn off and epoxied to each other quite securely. Which of course overblows the octave and with a range about an octave and a half at least until I get nervy or possibly better capable at further experimentation making a more evolved version. One can hope at least, since rather a fun little thing to toot; where also an imaginative presence to see and speculate upon.

Reply To Post

1. by bobstad6
      (38 posts)

13 years ago

My "WELCOME" of others now, after my experiences here.

Life is an interesting web of associations for anyone, and my journey early on seemed destined to including a writer's mantle of most focused, career involvement. Then, music came along as if the dam finally bursting to carry me wildly downstream into what turned out to be the tepid slough of catastrophe's most dreaded yet also most easily predictable fortunes. I think as a "whistle blower" given the political sentiments of that moniker; one is ever given to imagining of themselves some better world where we all might enjoy of the muse much finer aspects of what those potentials are. I have often if not as often as other speculations; wondered at the possibility of a saxophone's mechanism being controlled as the modern, complex road bike or mountain bike is, with a series of cables and levers, rather than the standard and universally common now system of rods and springs, attached to the pivoting arms a person thinks to conclude would also give themselves well to the cable version?

Reply To Post

1. by adetenor
        (68 posts)

13 years ago

Re: My "WELCOME" of others now, after my experiences here.

Hmmmm. I get what you are coming from man.....dont get so wound up man (from ade? ....yup) it is only a bit of fun. Anyhow....i have "cried wolf" once or twice.....but this time i am off. My return to the scene draws closer....sooo much to do. If you read back....my posts explain my fluctating moods. I dont hide things well. Once again i apologise to those i have angered.......its been real.....health and happiness to you all......ade x

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

13 years ago

Bob, listen to ade, he won't steer you wrong....kelsey
        Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by cuber
          (653 posts)

13 years ago

Im very confused as to how any of the responses relate to the original poster's lament.

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
          (930 posts)

13 years ago

This poster's complaint is way too long for me to seriously read the whole thing!! That's why I just agreed with ade............~*
          Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM