Saxophone Forum

by smoothpraise
(2 posts)
13 years ago

Alto Sax; Yamaha Custom YAS 62 or Selmer Super Action 80?

I want to know about the tone and playablibilty and tone quality of the Yamaha Custom YAS 62 alto sax vs Selmer Super Action 80 alto sax? ... thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by linkplayer
    (8 posts)

13 years ago

Re: Alto Sax; Yamaha Custom YAS 62 or Selmer Super Action 80?

I have been a Selmer player for years. Have a Selmer S80 series 2 and plays better than any Yamaha. Hope this helps. Hornblower

Reply To Post

1. by cuber
      (653 posts)

13 years ago

Between Yamaha and Selmer, I wouldnt even consider anything besides a Yamaha 875 or Reference 54

Reply To Post

2. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

13 years ago

I have been a Mark Vl Selmer player all of my adult life. Lately, I've come to the conclusion, after playing and comparing several different horns, that Yamaha's Custom Shop horns are better than all new Selmers except the reference horns. This is only my opinion and 10 different people might have 10 different answers.
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

3. by henryquito1988
    (1 post)

9 years ago

I like them both, they are great saxes, but everything comes down to personal preferences. Sound, playability, built quality, ergonomics, and design are thinks to take into consideration when spending more than 2000 on an instrument. For me 50% of the sound comes from the player himself, 30% the mouthpiece, and 20% the horn. Selmer and Yamaha both make some of the best saxes money can buy. Try them both you will be surprise with how good both of them play. they just have different sounds.

Reply To Post