Saxophone Forum

by saxsister
(4 posts)
13 years ago

1971 Selmer Mark VI Alto sax

I inherited a Selmer Mark VI Alto Sax from my brother after his death. The serial number is 193067, which I looked up and it is from 1971. It has the original lacquer. It has not been played for quite some time, at least 20 years, I would guess. It appears to be in pretty good condition, but I have not tried to play it. I have been searching the internet for possible values and I see in good condition, it would be at least $5000. Anyone know of someone that I can take it to in order to get an honest appraisal in Southeast Michigan? I am kind of afraid to go to just a music store to get an appraisal, not sure if they are really experts there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Saxsister

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

13 years ago

Re: 1971 Selmer Mark VI Alto sax

Hi Saxsister- We can give you a fairly accurate appraisal here at Saxquest if you can send several detailed photos. Its difficult to give and exact appraisal long distance because its difficult to see things like condition of tone holes, key fitting issues, condition of pads and set up through photos. However, I can give you a fairly accurate appraisal +/- $500. Feel free to contact us either through the web site "contact us" link or give us a call at (314) 664-1234. Cheers, Mark Overton saxquest.com

Reply To Post