Saxophone Forum

by rb2054
(3 posts)
13 years ago

Jody Mouthpiece Questions

Hey guys, First post here! Just wanted to bug you all and ask what you all thought about the Jody HR and Classic mouthpieces for alto saxophone. What are the main differences? To me they both sound great based on the videos but then again I am not able to test them out in person. Looking for those who have experience with what kind of sound the chambers give or even how they sound if you have played them yourself. Any information would be helpful as this is the first mouthpiece I buy (beyond the c*). I myself am going for a smooth and cool sound much like Paul Desmond if that helps as I move from legit playing to jazz. Thanks

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kelsey
    (930 posts)

13 years ago

Re: Jody Mouthpiece Questions

I have a Jody Jazz HR7 for my alto. It serves as a backup for my New York Meyers 6*. It's darker in sound than the Meyers, I like the sound OK but not as much as the Meyers. I play jazz only. I hope this helps........Kelsey
    Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

13 years ago

Oops, I forgot to mention, the Paul Desmond sound would be the last sound in the world that I'd want!!
      Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

1. by rb2054
        (3 posts)

13 years ago

No way! Well I don't like it sometimes sounds airy but minus that I do like the smooth sound. Thanks for your info!

Reply To Post