Saxophone Forum

by jsc3486
(2 posts)
13 years ago

1957 buffet crampon tenor sax

Any thoughts on the value of a 1957 buffet crampon tenor sax. serial number 5011. been repadded and relaquered in the mid 90's. one small ding but perfect condition otherwise. also with a dukoff fluted mouthpiece from the mid 50s and a late 50s beechler metal mouthpiece with the number 485 inscribed on one side and GS inscribed on the other

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by nottheedge
    (1 post)

13 years ago

Re: 1957 buffet crampon tenor sax

Too bad about the relac! I'd say maybe $1400 for the horn - not sure on the mouthpieces. Beechlers are not very popular, but the Dukoff is kind of rare.

Reply To Post

1. by jsc3486
      (2 posts)

13 years ago

Re: 1957 buffet crampon tenor sax

At the time it was done we were told it would not affect the overall value. Since then I've seen conflicting info about it. some obviously says it brings down the value but I've seen some that says as long as it is done right as close to the original as possible and does not change anything like the etching is does not affect the value. I know the Dukoff goes for 350-750 bucks. the Beechler is valued around 500. The case i've got is actually a selmer case. Brown leather with a zipper enclosure and is in remarkably excellent shape. It even has a spot to put a flute.

Reply To Post