Saxophone Forum

by frankyfader
(2 posts)
13 years ago

Mouthpiece Identification

I have an Elkhart sax that the serial indicates was made in the late 1800s, which I picked up from essentially an estate sale a few years back. I finally decided to put it to use, and sent it off to the shop to be re-padded and re-corked. In the meantime, I am left to wonder what the heck this mouthpiece that came with it is. I don't think it is nearly as old as the saxophone, but the MP has absolutely no markings (written or engraved) anywhere on it. I checked with different light sources, I cannot even find evidence that any kind of marking that was worn away. The bite plate is pristine, and the copper colored metal band on the shank is slightly tarnished. I have spent weeks searching the internet, ebay, local shops, professional saxophonists I know... and nothing. I am hoping someone here can give me a hand. Below are some photos... [IMG]i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/JsemCesku/Mouthpiece/IMG_0847.jpg[/IMG [IMG]i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/JsemCesku/Mouthpiece/IMG_0848.jpg[/IMG [IMG]i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/JsemCesku/Mouthpiece/IMG_0849.jpg[/IMG [IMG]i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/JsemCesku/Mouthpiece/IMG_0850.jpg[/IMG

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by frankyfader
    (2 posts)

13 years ago