Saxophone Forum

by Julius Keilwerth
(8 posts)
12 years ago

THE TRUTH ABOUT KEILWERTH SAXOPHONES!!

The truth about Keilwerth Saxophones

My name is Al Maniscalco and as of October 2011, I am the Group Product Manager for Julius Keilwerth Saxophones. 

After reading numerous posts, questions, and comments with hearsay and unsubstantiated claims, I am writing to set the record straight about the current status of Julius Keilwerth Saxophones.  In the fall of 2010 Keilwerth was purchased by Buffet Crampon in an acquisition that included Schreiber Musical Instruments as well.  As of January 2012, Buffet Crampon has become Buffet Group which includes five manufacturing brands of woodwind and brass instruments – Buffet Crampon, Besson, Antoine Courtois, Julius Keilwerth, and Schreiber. 

JULIUS KEILWERTH SAXOPHONES ARE IN PRODUCTION in Markneukirchen, Germany, and are being distributed worldwide by Buffet Group subsidiaries in the U.S., Japan, Europe, and China. 

-SX90R Alto and Tenors are in production and available in the following models:

Gold Lacquer

Black Nickel

Vintage

Shadow (alto, tenor, and baritone)

-SX90 Soprano and Baritone Saxophones are in production and available in the following models:

JK1300-8-0 – Soprano / one piece straight / lacquer

JK1300-5B-0 – Soprano / one piece straight / black nickel

JK4300-8-0 – Baritone / Low Bb / lacquer

JK4310-8-0 – Baritone / Low A / lacquer

-All EX Model saxophones have been discontinued

-ALL SX Model saxophones are manufactured in GERMANY.

-The Dave Liebman Soprano saxophone was produced as a limited edition.  All that were produced have been sold.  Future production is in discussion.

-You can purchase Keilwerth Saxophones from ANY authorized Buffet Group dealer.

I appreciate reading the many comments of support and enthusiasm for Keilwerth and want to assure you that we (Buffet Group) are committed to the continued growth and success of this brand.   We need YOUR support and encourage you to please spread the word and share this information!!

A new official website will be online soon as will official facebook, twitter, and you-tube pages.  Please address any inquiries to [email protected].

Thank you again for your interest and support of Julius Keilwerth Saxophones!!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. No replies yet. Be the first!