Saxophone Forum

by simay
(2 posts)
20 years ago

Adjustable Selmer Ligature

Hi, I just purchased a second-hand Selmer ligature. It is a adjustable ligature with no screws on it. I don't know how to use it. It does not fit my tenor saxophone mouthpiece. I am wondering if there is a unique adjustable model for clarinet, alto sax or tenor sax. My ligature is quite small for a tenor saxophone mouthpiece. It may be a clarinet ligature. If you have any info on this kind of ligature (and how to use it), please contact me Thanks a lot Regards Pierre

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Adjustable Selmer Ligature

Does it look like a hose clamp but without the screw? I have one that may be the same thing. Mine has "Selmer" on one side of the rough rectangular portion and what I think is the patent number on the other side. You unhook one end from the inside by bending the ligature slightly. You then reconnect it from the inside to it's new location. Mine can be used from clarinet size up to tenor size, but not big enough for really large bari hard rubber pieces.

Reply To Post

1. by simay
      (2 posts)

20 years ago

Many thanks for your prompt feedback. Yes, this is the ligature with Selmer written on the side. I did what you suggested and it worked. By the way, so far, I am not really convinced of the efficiency of this ligature. It 's neat...but actually it is difficult to fit the reed to the mouthpiece. Pierre

Reply To Post

1. by sax_maniac
        (984 posts)

20 years ago

I agree it's not maybe the most practical lig, but they are cool and rather collectable.

Reply To Post