Saxophone Forum

by kapalmuks
(3 posts)
12 years ago

Cannonball Wizard Alto Sax?

Hello to all,

I just have a question on the Cannonball Wizard alto sax and If anyone had or have any experiences with them. Are they good beginners/intermediate sax? Please let me know as I need some feedback with them. There's one for sale near me and he's selling it to me for $350 and it's just been tuned-up a week ago.

Thanks and Regards to all

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Cannonball Wizard Alto Sax?

Honestly, any Cannonball saxophone that's in good shape and has been tuned up in a repair shop to be in top playing condition is worth every bit of $350. I'd say go for it, but don't just take the sellers word for it that it been tuned up. Ask for a reiept and also have it looked over at a shop or have an experienced player try it out and look it over for you. A shop may charge you a small fee ($25ish) to appraise the horn. But that fee is usually waved if needed repairs are done at that shop and it may give you some negotiating power with the seller if repairs are needed. But, overall the deal sounds like a good one to me. Best of Luck!!

Cheers,

Mark Overton
         saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by kapalmuks
      (3 posts)

12 years ago

Hi MarkO,

Thank you very much on your reply. I did not get it as the seller changed his mind and now he wants $450 for it. Is it okay if I am going to get a Cannonball BB stone series alto sax as a beginner or I have to start with a student's beginner sax?

Thanks and Regards, Rod

Reply To Post

1. by daffodil1003
        (1 post)

12 years ago

I don't understand question

Reply To Post