Saxophone Forum

by CrazySaxophone
(4 posts)
12 years ago

Wrong Sound

Hello every one (new here)

hey i play on the sax like 1 year and i always get this strange sound,
it sounds very high and it happens when i do high and low notes. I asked my teacher why and he said that i dont put my mouth in the right way and he didnt teach me how to do it right and i think to move to other teacher

i use vandoren mib 1/2 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Wrong Soung

You should definitely find a teacher who is able to teach you about a proper embrouchure. I agree, move to another teacher.

Cheers,

Mark Overton
         saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by Zaxman
      (31 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Wrong Soung

Your could also try some different reeds.  Vandoren’s are great but you might want to consider something just a little heavier.  Often the noise you are describing can come from reeds that are too soft or sometimes if they are overly heavy.  

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by Kattamaki
    (15 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Wrong Sound

I would not call it a wrong sound, it can happen that you sort of sqeak(very high) because the reed is too dry. And yes, the proper amount of mouthpiece you put in your mouth as well as pulling your lower lip over the bottom teeth to make a cushion for the mouthpiece, are all very important aspects of producing a good, clean sound. Your upper teeth go directly on the upper side of the mouthpiece and not your lip, thats only on the bottom. OK?

Kattamaki 

Reply To Post

1. by CrazySaxophone
      (4 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Wrong Sound

thanks what you said was true thanks you helped me alot and on the upper teeth i didnt do its right and now its sounds better :)

Reply To Post