Saxophone Forum

by Rachael
(13 posts)
20 years ago

good music to play at college auditions

For solo and ensemble and college auditions my senior year, my sax instructor picked out Concertino da camera (Ibert). THis past summer i went to a few different camps including blue lake, they all said, including some other prof. and sax instructors i know, that its too hard of a piece to play. I haven't decided if i'm going to drop it, but if i do what are some good pieces to play that are accepted for college auditions??

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by barimachine
    (323 posts)

20 years ago

Re: good music to play at college auditions

what are u auditioning for altho always played probably i know my old leader altho i call him MY tenor player to piss him off played giant steps when he got his full scholarship to juliard

Reply To Post

1. by Spike
      (248 posts)

20 years ago

It's only too hard if you can't play it.

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

20 years ago

lol nice way to put it. Good pieces. Concertino da camera glazanof concerto creston sonata rhapsodie mazurka - for interpretation.

Reply To Post

1. by Spike
          (248 posts)

20 years ago

I'm working on petite suite right now, hehe. If you can pull that off, they'll let you in for sure. i auditioned on vivaldi's sonata in g minor, but that was on tenor.

Reply To Post

2. by barimachine
        (323 posts)

20 years ago

its only hard if you dont know the tricks ...play it in all 12 keys i was tired and angry when i got down with that as an end of a set

Reply To Post