Saxophone Forum

by aitikinkyst
(1 post)
20 years ago

Horror Stories

I'm looking for the ugliest and most depressing horror stories about the instrument itself. You found out your sax was stolen, you went to a concert and discovered that your octave key wasn't working, anything of the sorts. The uglier, the better

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by wvujazzman
    (48 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Horror Stories

1984... I was going from a regional band concert to a HS football playoff game on the same day. Got to the field mid 2nd quarter, switched from my concert horn (tenor) to my marching horn (THANK GOD!!!) and took off running to the stands. Being the idiot that I was back then, I never gave any thought to the snow on the ground, or the metal bleachers... Hit the third step - still at a dead run, mind you - and slipped, falling FORWARD into the bleachers... and right onto my horn. I collapsed the daylights out of the bell, and bent probably two thirds of the rods. As I said, thank God it was my piece of s%$t marching horn and not my good one, or I'd have probably sat there and cried all day. As it was, I had to march halftime with the good one, but it went right back into the case after the routine and I sat without a horn the rest of the day. Eric

Reply To Post

1. by barimachine
      (323 posts)

20 years ago

my freind ran over his horn in his flight case also marching so he was meh about it what am i talking about he was dropin f bombs all over

Reply To Post

2. by manicreed
    (10 posts)

20 years ago

This didn't happen to me, thankfully, and not as horrific as it could be, but.... When my old high school director was in ninth grade I think, she had this really awesome jazz solo bit. When she got to the school she couldn't find her sax. Finally the director decided that they had to start the concert-without her. The next day she found that her sax had been stashed in a seldom used toilet stall in the boys locker-room, obviously somebody's idea of a prank. I guess it wouldn't be as horror filling if you weren't her, but it totally wrecked her day.

Reply To Post

1. by YanagisawA-901
      (312 posts)

20 years ago

i donno, this might be bad.. really big concert coming up, this concert is huge, like 500 people showed up and thats big for a highschool concert. this kid with serious issues for some unknown reason takes my friends mark 6, that i was using for hte concert, and slams it on the ground, to this day i do not know why, but my friend was pissed. i almost cryed just cuz it was a mark 6 that died in an improper fasion..

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ

1. by SaxMan
        (559 posts)

20 years ago

My boss once chem cleaned a school french horn that a kid crapped in.

Reply To Post

1. by YanagisawA-901
          (312 posts)

20 years ago

ew

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ