Saxophone Forum

by PrettySax#2
(2 posts)
12 years ago

Getting Better?

Okay, so I've been playing saxaphone for almost 2 1/2 years and started taking lessons from the band director 2 years ago. I joined the middle school band and was A LOT better than most of the students off of talent and the lessons I've been taking. I was accepted into the 7th and 8th grade jazz band as a 6th grader and no problem after learning the basic concepts of swing. Im doing really well and honestly I had been wanting to play Bari Sax all this time(I had been playing my alto that I had gotten as a gift), and am now, I'm doing better that the previous Bari, but I want to get better(on both instruments), and now the assighnments for my lessons are just to easy,I feel like I'm not getting much better, I feel like there's nothing more to learn, even though I know there is, I want to get better, but don't know how. Any advice? I can't really pay for professional lessons and my band director is only a generalist when is comes to saxaphone, he can still teach me but its seems like he is holding back, maybe there is less to learn? But I have no idea, advice on how to get better would really help, right now I'm still riding on talent, so work is not a problem. (Oh and BTW this year in school I'm playing strait Bari Sax which is Jazz and symphonic band and next year I'll be playing Alto in symphonc and Bari in jazz.)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Getting Better?

Lots of tips on practicing, technique, and links to online lessons (free and paid) for intermediate level players are at    http://www.bestsaxophonewebsiteever.com/

The world is your oyster.   

Reply To Post

1. by PrettySax#2
      (2 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Getting Better?

Thank you, I will definately try this out :)

Reply To Post AIM