Saxophone Forum

by blog234
(14 posts)
20 years ago

Whats a Mark VI Tenor Sax worth?

One of my relatives gave me it, and its in great condition, it looks like new. Apparently whoever had it quit sax after buying it or something, and never sold it. Anyways its like mint....What's it worth you think?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sax_maniac
    (984 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Whats a Mark VI Tenor Sax worth?

At least $100 - maybe even more!

Reply To Post

2. by KCSaxGal
    (46 posts)

19 years ago

I'll give you $200 for it ;) Seriously though... it depends on the year and the condition.

Reply To Post

3. by cfsatb
    (11 posts)

19 years ago

What is the Serial number? You cannot ask top dollar b/c you are not a dealer, but it could be worth quite a bit.

Reply To Post

4. by veghmb
    (6 posts)

19 years ago

Can I buy it from you for $500? The Mark VI is without a doubt the most famous sax of all time. My advice is to hold on to it. If it is indeed in practically new condition, you could probably fetch over $5,000 for it

Reply To Post

5. by sonnyrollins57
    (17 posts)

19 years ago

A mark VI is worth a lot of money.Its one of the best sounding horns in the world.Some Mark VIs go for over $5,000 dollars or more depending on the shape it is in and what year it is from.I havent came across one Mark VI that was at least a $1,000.the greatest players to ever walk the face of the Earth played on mark VIs.

Reply To Post

1. by jazzax
      (30 posts)

19 years ago

The value Mark VIs really depends on the serial number. Later models are worth much less than earlier ones. On this very site they have a 160,XXX tenor available for $4000 and a 60,XXX tenor for $9500 (which I personally think is insane, but they may get it...sky seems to be the limit on the earlier ones in excellent condition). I posted a rant on this just last week that has since been mysteriously removed and one guy said he would pay well over 10 grand for some Mark VI tenors so there ya' go...

Reply To Post