Saxophone Forum

by ellieo
(1 post)
11 years ago

What's a good saxophone for me?

Hey guys!
I've been playing alto saxophone for three years at my school and will probably try to get grade 5 and 6 AMEB certificates next year. I'm really enjoying playing saxophone and think that I will probably continue it for a long time- although it probably won't be a profession- but my current saxophone ( a Yamaha AS100) is getting a bit worn and as a result I'm trying to find another one.
At the moment, I think a second hand professional one may be the way to go as I don't want to spend thousands of dollars ($4,000 is probably a max at this stage), but would like a decent sax. 
I've been looking around and there seem to be decent reviews on YAS82Z and a few Selmers ( speciffically the Series III) and I was wondering if you had any opinions on these saxophones or any suggestions for others. I think an important thing for me is good tone and tuning and any saxophone that promotes these traits would be great. 
So basically, any advice or help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Ellie. 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

11 years ago

Re: What's a good saxophone for me?

It's really a personal choice.  What is the style you want to develop and what are the tonal characteristics that speak to you?

Reply To Post