Saxophone Forum

by techsolutionscody
(2 posts)
12 years ago

Continental colonial conn alto sax

I have a sax that after doing some research I know it's a alto conn sax with a sterling silver horn with a continental colonial stencil on the horn. Im not looking to get rich I actually speacilize in computer repair and collect things as a hobby I sometimes restore myself or help find someone to properly restore. In this case Im worried on the restoration as I recently restored an old stove and ruined the value. Basically my problem is getting an informed answer everyone just assumes im trying to sell it and wont give me good info on it. I have the case it came with which reads c.c. conn ltd and some other stuff about worlds best instruments (marketing stuff) I mentioned the horn's stencil already and on the back it reads the following 

PATD SEP, 14 1915

A
L

ANY help would be appreciated   

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxgourmet
    (127 posts)

12 years ago

Re: Continental colonial conn alto sax

Well, it's NOT sterling silver, but silver plated......it's NOT a Conn, but another brand maybe made by Conn, but not the same.....what you've got is an off brand old horn, which based on the pictures is probably not worth the cost of repair

STEVE GOODSON
    New Orleans
    www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post

1. by techsolutionscody
      (2 posts)

12 years ago

and this is the problem i keep running into everyone wants to tell me the bad and cant just say what it is worth is not an object to me. If someone who does not have forums and youtube videos telling the world there a crook can give me a good answer I would really like it I dont wanna make money just like to know about the piece other than downing on it.

Reply To Post

1. by saxgourmet
        (127 posts)

12 years ago

well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiuuse me...........

STEVE GOODSON
        New Orleans
        www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post

2. by GFC
      (842 posts)

12 years ago

I can help you, but I'm a lot less inclined to want to because of the tone of your response to Steve's post.  Tell you what.  Edit your response to set a more civil and less slanderous tone, and I'll give you my opinion on what that horn is good for.  Deal?

Reply To Post