Saxophone Forum

by RectorMT
(2 posts)
11 years ago

Martin tenor Sax

I have a martin Tenor Sax on it reads The Martin Imperial Elkhart Indiana usa the serial number I found on it is # 314209 I cant find any info in this sax please if anybody can help would be great I would like to know how much its worth and some info about it

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Martin tenor Sax

It's a student/intermediate horn from the 1960s, comparable to a Martin Indiana.  Well made, not a bad horn at all.  Checking closed listings on eBay and doing a net search are good ways to good ways to get an idea of its market value.

Reply To Post

1. by Saxquest
      (420 posts)

11 years ago

Actually at 314xxx this could be a very good saxophone. Can you post a few photos of it here in the forum or at the least, let us know exactly what it says on the bell. I have a The Martin Magna tenor also with serial number 314xxx as well that's a great top-shelf professional line saxophone. Interestingly, the serial number runs vertically up the back side of the body tube as opposed to horizontal like you normally see. Check out the Georgie Auld tenor posted in the museum section of this web site. Its a full-on professional model Martin Magna with serial number 570xxx. Here's the link to it.

http://www.saxophone.org/museum/saxophones/specimen/1186

Cheers,
           Mark Overton
           www.saxquest.com          

Reply To Post

2. by RectorMT
      (2 posts)

11 years ago

I have tried both and cant find anything about that horn if you can check that would be great I really dont know much about this stuff just wandered what its worth

Reply To Post