Saxophone Forum

by jcrawford
(2 posts)
11 years ago

M Series Naked Lady

I have a CG Conn Naked lady Saxaphone. Its serial number is M261042. Im trying to figure out its worth and other info about this horn.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

11 years ago

Re: M Series Naked Lady

The first question is what type of saxophone you have.  Is it an alto, tenor, or.....?

That serial number corresponds to a 1934 production date, which puts it late in the era of the Conn Transitional horns.  The term "Transitional" is used to denote the evolutionary changes Con was introducing during that era, as contrasted with more stable model configurations before 1930 and from 1935 on.  That presents some difficulty discussing those horns without knowing more about the specific features it has.  Some detailed pictures would be helpful.  

Transitional horns are relatively rare and can be quite valuable.  

Reply To Post

1. by jcrawford
      (2 posts)

11 years ago

I believe it is a tenor. Here are some pics. Its not in the best of shape. But not to bad either.

Reply To Post

1. by Saxquest
        (420 posts)

11 years ago

Yes, that's a transitional model tenor. It has the split bell keys, but raised high F side key and funnel shaped neck pip. Cool sax, but it looks like it could use some TLC. Can't tell from the photos if its original lacquer or relacq? A real value is really impossible to ascertain from this limited info. Depends a lot on condition (tone hole integrity, past damage repairs, original lacq verses relacq., neck condition and if it has the original neck, etc.....). From what I see here could range anywhere from a few hundred up to maybe $1500 or so, depending on the details.

Cheers,
             Mark Overton
             www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post