Saxophone Forum

by Harrold
(6 posts)
11 years ago

HA Selmer Bundy serial 112xxx help with serial number

I bought a ha selmer tenor with serial of 112xxx and was told it was a beuscher but the name beuscher is not on the sax anywhere I can find. it says ha selmer and bundy on the bell. the seller says it is a mid 60's tenor but the serial number seems to correspond with the 1920's.  I am not upset with the sax, just frustrated as to my confusion as to the correct info on sax. i  wonder if there are any ha selmer experts out there that can put me to rest as to when this tenor was really made and if it is correctly characterized as a beuscher by seller.  I am just a beginner and I am happy with the sax but I am a "nut" for this sax's correct history.  any help?

I know I could go back to seller and quiz him but I am not comfortable doing that so I am going about it in a more long-winded way.   Thanks. 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by GFC
    (842 posts)

11 years ago

Re: HA Selmer Bundy serial 112xxx help with serial number

Selmer bought the Buescher company in 1963.  The Selmer Bundy I (LH bell keys) is based on a late Buescher Aristocrat.  Selmer Bundy serial numbers correspond to neither Selmer Paris or Buescher serial numbers.  There's not a lot riding on the manufacture date of any particular Bundy, so don't worry about it.

Reply To Post

1. by Harrold
      (6 posts)

11 years ago

Re: HA Selmer Bundy serial 112xxx help with serial number

thanks for the response, I guess the serial list for bundy I have is not posted, I have not found it.

Reply To Post