Saxophone Forum

by autodub
(2 posts)
11 years ago

Selmer Bundy II or Aristocrat AS600?

My daughter is a beginner and I am looking to purchase a horn for her since it will be much less expensive than renting for 2+ years (hopefully she will stick with it).

I have available to me the two horns mentioned above. One is around $300, the other around $500 and both are mint condition (used approx 2 years).

My questions are:

would one horn be better than the other? (Assuming both are mint condition)

Are there missing features on one of them?

Are there other/better alternatives that I should be looking at in this price range?

Thanks for any help! 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxgourmet
    (127 posts)

11 years ago

Re: Selmer Bundy II or Aristocrat AS600?

in the world of used saxophones, as in the world of used automobiles, condition is EVERYTHING.....that being said, don't rule out a Yamaha, Antigua, Jupiter, or Unison.....

STEVE GOODSON
    New Orleans
    www.nationofmusic.com

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
      (930 posts)

11 years ago

Steve is right. I personally am fond of the Yamaha 23 as a good solid begining saxophone. You can find them in very good shape used for $400. to $500. Good luck...Kelsey

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM

2. by mattmusic
    (2 posts)

11 years ago

Dear Sir?

This is Matt from China. As you mentioned the two saxes. they are all used. So, there must be something wrong with them( big or small). And the price: $300 and $500. It is expensive for used sax. 

I have a sax store in China. I export sax to student learners in USA. Do you know Chamberlin in Idaho? Robert in California? and George Jefferson?
    They are all my customers. Chamberlin is also a student beginner.

$490 i can send you a absolute new sax for your beloved daughter. Contact me,and you can contact them to confrim my information.

Looking forward your early reply and I can help you.

Matt
    [email protected]    8618769715202 

Mattzhang

Reply To Post

1. by autodub
      (2 posts)

11 years ago

I think I know George Jefferson... He lived in the deluxe apartment in the sky (in New York City), right?

I think he passed away last year. It was a sad time. (I guess he now really lives in the sky)

Thanks for the input Matt.

Reply To Post

1. by kelsey
        (930 posts)

11 years ago

Glad to have seen you put Matt into proper perspective. Steve gives excellant advice...~)

Barry Kelsey

Reply To Post AIM