Saxophone Forum

by naz
(3 posts)
10 years ago

Price on a old mkvi

Hello so I am luckie enough to happen to own a alto vi with the original plating in very good condition year 1957 so it is a 5 digit.
it has no dent on nech and it only has a tiny rumple on the bell but I will be getting that fixed.
it has evrething original and still has the crock skin case in mint condition.
plays very well.
i got it for 3700£ and I want to sell it right now.
what would the resale value be.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Price on a old mkvi

3700£ (British pounds) is equivalent to about $6000 (US dollars). Sounds like that's about a fair market retail value for that sax. Of course, its impossible to give an accurate estimate without seeing a specific saxophone. There are many factors that go into pricing a vintage sax including past repairs of damages that may or may not be evident to you, quality and age of the pads/materials and state of regulation. If you need to sell it fast, I would be prepared to take a loss. A quick sale may be closer to $4000-$4500. If you can hold out for the right buyer, you'll do much better on a sax like this one.

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post

1. by naz
      (3 posts)

10 years ago

Re: Price on a old mkvi

Thanks for riply 3700£ is 5128$. The sax has only bees repaired once it had the bell bent it a tiny bit but it is unnotisable the pads are fresh and the sax is in perfect playing condition

Reply To Post