Saxophone Forum

by Carlito
(1 post)
20 years ago

Rookie getting his first sax...

Hi All, has anyone ever heard of a Taiwanese manufacturer called 'RS Berkeley' are their saxophones any good? How about Arbiter? I'm looking to get a cheap but decent sax for starters. thanks.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by tenor562
    (297 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Rookie getting his first sax...

Since I haven't heard of those saxes, I can't tell you much. But I can tell you to stay away from anything made in Taiwan. Cheap Labor, and they aren't very good. I've you're looking for a really nice cheap sax, go for a used selmer bundy or Yamaha 23. Or anything else. If you find a sax you liked somewhere, just post a link here, and we can probably tell if it's a good buy. Dont' buy Helmke or Maxtone or Monique either.

Reply To Post

1. by NickelPlated
      (20 posts)

20 years ago

Hi Everyone

Hi i have a question to ask. I just recently bought a Maxtone alto saxophone. It is really nice and nickel-plated. I havent had a chance to play it yet... Does anyone know if they are any good? **PS** The actual value of this sax is $1400

Reply To Post

1. by NickelPlated
        (20 posts)

20 years ago

Hey Tenor563

Hey why not buy a Maxtone? In the past posts ive been to all of them say Maxtone is great and a cheap buy. The overall rating ona website is 4.5/5 ???

Reply To Post