Saxophone Forum

by swsmissus
(1 post)
20 years ago

early 1900's sax that has "Whittle Zenith Dallas Texas" on it....

Hi, we are looking for some ideas on how to locate information on this Whittle Zenith Dallas Texas" sax we own. It appears to be silver plated with fancy-ish scrolling pattern on it, has a patent number and date on it as well and is about 27 inches long. If anyone has suggestions as to how to go about getting more info on old saxes, we would love to hear from you via email at [email protected]! Thanks :)

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Marcelbults
    (1 post)

19 years ago

Re: early 1900's sax that has "Whittle Zenith Dallas Texas" on it....

I found one Zenith old Tenor from Whittle Dallas in a shop in Holland. It was formerly owned by a music school. It is in a very good shape. But I can't finf anything on this brand on the internet=> Who has info about this brand ?

Reply To Post

1. by west
      (242 posts)

19 years ago

from my small amount of time poking around this site, it seems that Connsaxman jim has alotof knoweledge about saxes. Maybe he'll turn up and help you.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
        (2336 posts)

19 years ago

thanks for the vote of confidence West. I wish I could help, but i'm afraid I really don't have any answers here. I saw this post, and I did some searching, but I wasn't able to find anything. I can only speculate based on the bits of info I've picked up. Apparently Whittle Zenith supplied band instruments to the US Military in the early 1900's. My guess is that these saxophones were early stencils, most likely made by either Conn or Buescher, although the company may have made their own instruments as well. Apparently the company was relatively short-lived. Again, this is mostly speculation.

Reply To Post Yahoo!