Saxophone Forum

by NickelPlated
(20 posts)
20 years ago

??**--^^!?HEY ARE MAXTONE ANY GOOD?!^^--**??

Hi everyone! I just recently bought a Maxtone saxophone and i wanna know if its any good. I ordered it online and it hasnt come yet. I really need your guys opinions or other's opinions, so please help me out!! My sax is nickel plated by the way :) Thanks very much! ^^**PS**^^ By the way, i got the sax for $400, and the actual value is $1400

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by golferguy675
    (600 posts)

20 years ago

Re: ??**--^^!?HEY ARE MAXTONE ANY GOOD?!^^--**??

PLEASE don't tell me they told you that on Ebay...

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
      (297 posts)

20 years ago

Re: ??**--^^!?HEY ARE MAXTONE ANY GOOD?!^^--**??

I agree. You've said on your other posts that you think the sax is the best. and here you say you haven't even tried it. well, I hate to tell you the truth, but their in the same boat as Helmke. The brand name changes from time to time, and their made somewhere in asia with horrible cheap labor. Known for horrible intonation, bad durability, but nice finishes to attract the student player. Just like you say the nickel plating, it looked nice didn't it? Well, it's your choice, and may be a great choice for you, so enjoy your new sax.

Reply To Post

1. by NickelPlated
        (20 posts)

20 years ago

NOPE

Actually no they are made in France by French Engineers thank you very much :) ya they really are look: imagehost.auctionwatch.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/racefan36/nklalto7.jpg?&&pt=bidpay

Reply To Post

1. by NickelPlated
          (20 posts)

20 years ago

SEE

see theres proof that its not made in Asia :P c its made by French Engineers So plz dont make stuff up :) thx

Reply To Post

2. by golferguy675
          (600 posts)

20 years ago

Re: SEE

Nooo.... they're DESIGNED in France by French Engineers, made somwhere out in asia. Do you really think you could buy a french sax for that much without them having to outsource the labor? HA! And if you're so confident about this thing, then quit asking questions and being immature, and enjoy the POS.

Reply To Post

3. by golferguy675
          (600 posts)

20 years ago

Re: SEE

I can't believe they put "MADE BY FRENCH ENGINEER" as part of the logo. That's the tackiest thing I've ever seen.

Reply To Post

4. by NickelPlated
          (20 posts)

20 years ago

Shut up

Hey if you would have cared you wouldve done more research on them. AND they ARE made in France ok? I researched the whole day! OK? Sry im so rude but i know for a fact they are made in France not Asia

Reply To Post

5. by golferguy675
          (600 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Shut up

Could you post a link to the info? Look, Maxtone is owned by Vito. Vito is owned by Yanigasawa. Yanigasawa has one factory in Japan that produced their main line saxes, and another in Taiwann that produces their secondary line saxophones. Vito and Maxtone and whatever otther aliases they may have for their less than good quality saxes are secondary. So maxtones may very well be designed in France, or in Germany by a Frech guy, or in some hut in Taiwann by a guy name Pablo who has a French accent. There's no way of telling. But what I can tell for sure, is that Maxtone is MANUFACTURED in Taiwann. I don't really care, I just had to make my point.

Reply To Post

6. by johnsonfromwisconsin
          (767 posts)

20 years ago

Actually, If I recall: Yanagisawa doesn't own anything except yanagisawa. Leblanc (which is now owned by Selmer) owns Vito. Yanagisawa merely stencils for Vito. Vitos that are stenciled Yani's are great instruments. Vitos that are made by Vito (or Yamaha) are decent student instruments. And no, Maxtones are not made in France. Do you see any place on the horn where it says, "Made in France"? Of course you don't. And you can't lie about the origin of manufacture of something. US customs is quite particular about that. "French Engineering" means that an asian factory probably recieved an email containing a CAD drawing from an unnamed french firm of unknown repute. Nothing more.

Reply To Post

7. by The_MarkVI
          (80 posts)

20 years ago

i would of bought a bundy in horriable condition then buy a sax on ebay i have never heard of

Reply To Post

8. by Saxman2200
          (64 posts)

19 years ago

I sure hope your just looking for a stress reducer, cause that's about all your horn's good for. I woulndn't even march with a Maxtone. It sounds horible, has bad intonation, has bad timbre, I will say the action is alright though. And the finishes are good looking. But other than that it is a POS. And what the hell is wrong with you, argueing with golferguy. I have seen many posts by him, and he knows what the hell he is talking about. I happen to know for a fact that Maxtone, Helmke, Monique, and all of those other POS's are in fact made in asia. Mabey designed by some cheap ass in france, or from france, or who paid 10 bucks an hour to have some guy from france teach him a freanch accent, but they are made in taiwan, or some other tiny little country in asia. Just flip it over and read it (or if you need help with that part just ask your mommy). I am so tired of saying this, DO NOT BUY A HORN BECAUSE THE WEBSITE SAYS SO, ASK SOMEONE WHO KNOWS!!! I am done, thats it I am pissed of so I am going to go practice Coltranes solo from "Giant Steps." Enjoy your pop can.

Reply To Post

9. by Goldref18
          (145 posts)

19 years ago

Thanks for telling us your plans. What are you doing tomorrow? the day after? after that? stop with the POS dude did ur "people who know" tell you that what ultimately matters is how comfortable someone is with the horn and how it plays for them. It might be a no name brand that could easily be worse than a Bundy II (which btw u can bend the metal if u play low notes enough and get the metal warm enough) but if it plays well for him then stop dissing it and stop getting so annoying

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

10. by golferguy675
          (600 posts)

19 years ago

Guys, this thread has been over for a while, stop posting on it, nickleplated's not even here anymore.

Reply To Post