Saxophone Forum

by jimsmith
(2 posts)
10 years ago

Buescher tenor saxophone - identification help

I have what I believe is a Buescher tenor saxophone. It is engraved with" The Buescher, Elkhart, Ind" on the front and "91495, Low Pitch, and a True Tone logo design" below the thumb grip. It is about 32" high with a curved neck. It is complete with the body, neck and mouthpiece. The silver is tarnished, but appears to clean up well. The case is in poor condition, but solid. The case also included a "Rubank Chart of Fingering For The Saxophone" and a book "The Most Popular Saxophone Solos" for B-flat Sax published by Hinds, Hayden & Eldredge with a copyright date of MCMXV. In searching your site, I found other Beuscher tenor saxophones, but most have a much higher serial number - so I'm not sure if I have it described properly. If I can get an accurate description I'd like to advertise it for sale on this forum. Thanks for any help you can give me. Jim Smith - Franktown, CO

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by TheOlajos
    (8 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Buescher tenor saxophone - identification help

1921 Buescher TT. http://www.saxpics.com/?v=ser&manID=1 . Worth about 200 at most if in poor condition with snap in resonators present. Seen some go for 2000's completely restored. 100 if scrap for parts. You could part out for a fair amount of $$. 

My advice, clean it up and play it. They're too cheap at the moment to sell for any useful profit, but very nice pieces of art and engineering. 

Cheers,
    Isaac 

Reply To Post