Saxophone Forum

by DanielCugs
(2 posts)
20 years ago

Cheap soprano

I'm looking to get a good, cheap soprano saxophone (if there is such a thing). I've seen some Maxtone saxes out there but i don't know if they're any good or not. could somebody help me

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by The_MarkVI
    (80 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Cheap soprano

There is a site called saxophone.com GREAT Saxs for the price, (though they arent a mark VI or a SX=90) The only downside is that on the saxophone it says saxophone.com. they have a trial period and 30 day money back guarennte (spelling)

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
      (297 posts)

20 years ago

how's their intonation? put your's up to a tuner if you can. If it has yamaha quality intonation, then the satin gold plated finish is for me....

Reply To Post

1. by The_MarkVI
        (80 posts)

20 years ago

high notes are a tad (i really mean tad) sharp but find me a soprano that isnt and i will give u a cookie

Reply To Post

1. by DanielCugs
          (2 posts)

20 years ago

Saxophone.com doesn't have the brands listed, could someone help me>

Reply To Post

2. by tenor562
          (297 posts)

19 years ago

that is their brand. The horns say saxophone.com on them. But, if you're looking for a decent soprano, it probably doesn't matter about the name. Better to research them and try them against a tuner and with different setups. They look cool, but so does helmke. But, as a previous replier has stated that he has tried these horns, they're probably way better then helmke. Best to test the horn. -tenor562

Reply To Post

3. by The_MarkVI
          (80 posts)

19 years ago

it is a great soprano but u may need a better mouthpiece if u are doing classical.

Reply To Post