Saxophone Forum

by KCSaxGal
(46 posts)
20 years ago

Looking for a picture of a Silver Yamaha YTS62 Mark II Tenor

I am trying to find a picture online of a Silver Yamaha YTS62 Tenor. Anyone know a good place to find a picture? Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by tenor562
    (297 posts)

20 years ago

Re: Looking for a picture of a Silver Yamaha YTS62 Mark II Tenor

Reply To Post

1. by KCSaxGal
      (46 posts)

20 years ago

Wow that was fast! Thanks :) I have decided to buy this horn but can't decide between brass and silver finish. I love the look of the silver but is it hard to keep a silver horn from tarnishing?

Reply To Post

1. by tenor562
        (297 posts)

20 years ago

I have the lacquer version, because I play mostly legit music, and don't like to stand out too much in the crowd, and the lacquer sounds fine. I can't really tell the difference between a silver plated horn and a lacquer horn except for the look and that the silver plated horn is a little brighter. But you can achieve brightness with a mouthpiece, so it's basically look. Yea, i've heard that it's kinda hard to take care of silver plated horns. Owners of the Jupiter 889SG often complain about it. read the reviews on wwbw, and search for silverplated horns on sax on the web, and you'll find loads of information about care and the difference between the two. The YTS62II is a great horn! -tenor562

Reply To Post

1. by SaxMan
          (559 posts)

20 years ago

on lesser horns, the plating is lacquered over, so there is nor isk of tarnish, but there is also no advantage.

Reply To Post

2. by KCSaxGal
          (46 posts)

20 years ago

Well it's a good thing I wanted the silver because the brass is on back order from Yamaha until November but the silver is in stock. I ordered it today and will have it in a week - 10 days.

Reply To Post

3. by tenor562
          (297 posts)

20 years ago

where'd you order it? awesome, the 62II is a really good horn. tell us when you get it.

Reply To Post

4. by KCSaxGal
          (46 posts)

19 years ago

Local music shop in the Kansas City area. A little bit more than what wwbw would have been but I have 24 months of no interest which will give me time to pay it off. I can't wait until it gets here.

Reply To Post