Saxophone Forum

by sax_maniac
(984 posts)
19 years ago

C-Melody Mouthpiece

Taking a poll to see who is finding luck with alto/tenor mouthpieces on their C-Melody. I used to use a tenor Soloist C* until recently. Last night, I got ready to go through "the box" and lucked out on my first try. A Rico A3 for alto - never thought I'd find a use for it. Intonation is dead on - even better than the original C-Mel mpc. So what are you using with success?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by SaxMan
    (559 posts)

19 years ago

Re: C-Melody Mouthpiece

I was using my wood c-mel piece, but I forgot it when I was going to a lesson one day so I put on the biggest chamber mouthpiece I had - my rousseau NC5 - before it didnt work - with zz reeds or v16's, but I put on my trads, and the thing played beautifully - it is still a little small, but It plays alright. I am thinking about getting the old R model, which is a little bit bigger.

Reply To Post

1. by sax_maniac
      (984 posts)

19 years ago

Re: C-Melody Mouthpiece

I put my Vandoren A55 JJ on my C-Mel at rehearsal last night and it was just incredible! I dare say I enjoyed it more than my Bb tenor. We're doing a children's celebration at mass this weekend, so the songs are mostly upbeat, rockin' sorts of tunes. I had never wailed on my C before, but now I can't wait for the next opportunity. AND I don't have to transpose on the fly! If only I could improvise my way out of a wet paper bag. In time, I suppose...

Reply To Post