Saxophone Forum

by Disciple
(2 posts)
19 years ago

Saxophone 2B or not 2B ?

I've never played a musical instrument. Even though I live in an apt. , 26 , married w/1 child I've decided that I want to play the sax. Always cool to listen to. So here's my question. I can get a reconditioned Bundy 2 (Selmer) from Brookmays , 90 day warranty , case , 2 reeds , mouthpiece , for 350.00 + tax. Or i can get a Vespro , case , reeds , 2 straps ,sheet music , cleaning kit . For 350.00 from ad in paper, mabey talk down to 300.00 . I know Selmer is good. Is Vespro better? I go to see this sax 11/03/04 (wed.) so havent seen it yet , lady claims good condition . I'm hoping so because I'm leaning more towords Vespro. Let you know condition asap . Does anyone have any info or sites I coulc visit to compare the two?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
    (767 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Saxophone 2B or not 2B ?

as far as quality of horn, I'd side with the Bundy 2. The only downside I can really see with the Bundy deal is the fact that you're dealing with a remote internet presense instead of a local person. However, Brookmays is providing a warantee. That implies that they've had a technician check out the horn and cover repairs for that 90 days. I'd go for the Brookmays deal, personally.

Reply To Post

1. by Disciple
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

thanks for the advice. i went and looked at the Vespro today (attatched pic). was really nice looking. had two pearl inserts missing. im assuming that she bought it used for her son since he told her it was like that when he got it . it is in good condition as far as looks go one small ding and only minor scratches. as for brook mays there down the street from me. ive already looked at it and going back for seconds before making final decision. However, your comments along with research has led me to believe that the Bundy will be my first sax. Thank you! Lance tried to e mail you pic but got returned.

Reply To Post

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
        (767 posts)

19 years ago

Ooops, sorry, all this time my email addy wasn't valid! the new one should word, just for reference. Whatever you end up doing, just keep in touch!

Reply To Post