Saxophone Forum

by barisaxiguy
(50 posts)
19 years ago

tear, marching band season is over

I'm in the century marching abnd, and yesterday was our last show. Everyone said we were the best band that came out of century, ever. We made finals, but the judges were screwed up, we only got 13th out of 14. I was really sad since I'm friends w/ all the seniors even tho im a freshman and it was there last show. It was called "the catalyst", it was really cool. Just thought id share this with you guys.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by johnny_hodges
    (15 posts)

19 years ago

Re: tear, marching band season is over

Marching Band is terrible. It preventing me from playing my good saxophone and practicing real, challenging music. I was the best musician and marcher in the alto sax section, but I wasn't section leader because I signed up late (because Marching Band is optional at my school)

Reply To Post

1. by Goldref18
      (145 posts)

19 years ago

OK that's the worst reason ever. Marching band is fine you just have to take it upon yourself to join other groups and get challenging music and push yourself during the off playing season. Don't limit yourself because of marching band.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by sofian444
    (7 posts)

19 years ago

i love marching band. creating a show and then marching it is freaking magical, and the music may be pretty sad somtimes, but the memories i have and will have make me addicted to it. my freshmen year was like the type of season you dream of, the stuff in movies. we didnt win much but we tried so hard and the last competition it was raining buckets and all the seniors were crying, and we had this flower ceremony and it was just beautiful. our visual instructor was amazing, and he always made us want to just rip that field apart. even if junior and senior year suck BADLY, i will keep coming back just for that chance to feel the way i felt freshman year.

Reply To Post

3. by Goldref18
    (145 posts)

19 years ago

Sucks to be you.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by John Coltrane
      (84 posts)

19 years ago

im sort of glad marching band is over its a hag, my classical teacher says its the worst type of music in the world, and takes no musical skill. i just laughed. but we still have marching band because of our football team is good this yr and were in the quaterfinals

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Goldref18
        (145 posts)

19 years ago

Same here. Where r u from?

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by karebear1012
          (395 posts)

19 years ago

the only thing im gonna miss about marching band is the people in it. we still have 2 more games, and it's sooo cold outside! or if our team makes it to the finals or whatever then we'll have even more games.

Reply To Post

2. by Goldref18
          (145 posts)

19 years ago

Just to add. I'm the Drum Major so i don't play during the actual marching band season except all the time (in jazz and out of school groups) But i really hate marching band and i am glad that i have enough musical prowess to be drum major.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by John Coltrane
          (84 posts)

19 years ago

im in Ohio, Westerville South High school **Wildcats**, quaterfinal game this week on staurday...and we have to perform yet another contest show

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by FutureBandTeacher
        (45 posts)

19 years ago

I feel ur pain. I'm a freshman, but three weeks ago was senior night, and it was really depressing. Our judges at the A Bradley Classic (ABC) competition were screwed up too. We got 14th out of 14, and we were the only ones from a small town that couldn't pay for or travel to private instructors, and one of the bands had 7 playing members too many to be in class A.

Reply To Post

1. by saxgrobie
          (86 posts)

19 years ago

I'm a sophomore and we just had state this past weekend. It sucked so bad. We are considered 5A because our school is so big, but we only have 75 people. We were the smallest ones there. We didn't even make finals. What makes it 10 bajillion times worse is that our rivals won 1st place. Yuck. Totally off topic here, but you should all go here. www.hugi.is/hahradi/bigboxes.php?box_id=51208&f_id=1167 I've been listening to it for life 3 weeks strait.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by John Coltrane
            (84 posts)

19 years ago

to bad i marched better then you johnny hodges. :)

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by mooing_sheep
              (20 posts)

19 years ago

Two days after marching band ended for us, we got new uniforms (we've been waiting for over a year for these). It's really sad because all the people who are graduating won't be in marching band next year to enjoy our kickin' new threads (with side capes, yes!)

Reply To Post

2. by Goldref18
              (145 posts)

19 years ago

We're been waiting for our new unis for like 8 months now and if we dont' get them by next week for the biggest parade of the season we will kill people. But im Drum Major! :-D

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

3. by HumphreySax
              (8 posts)

19 years ago

I didnt like marching band this year because our show kinda sucked and the saxes never had melody :( but we were lucky and just got new uniforms last year its pretty sweet! Hopefully they arent ruined bc we had our first christmas parade last saturday and it poured buckets and they got soaked so hopefully they wont mold lol

Reply To Post