Saxophone Forum

by mastermonster
(2 posts)
9 years ago

I have an old Buescher True-Tone / Low Pitch saxophone.

I have a Buescher True-Tone / Low Pitch saxophone. Ser # 190xxx with a license date of 1914. I'm a singer and guitar player (Good singer...so-so guitar player). I bought this sax years ago at an estate sale thinking I might learn to play it at some point but never have...yet. It is silver finish and tarnished with time but has no dents or visible scratches. All of the valves work but one is slow to reopen, so it would need some restoration to be right to play. I'm not going to do anything to it until I know if trying to restore it will reduce it's value as a vintage instrument. Does anyone know what (ball park figure) this might be expected to be worth in very good un-restored condition. I also have the case (shows it's age) and the original warranty card in the case. If I finally decide not to try to learn to play it (I'm almost 60 Y.O. now), it needs to belong to someone who would enjoy playing it. Thanks for any info!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by mgictwnger
    (46 posts)

9 years ago

Re: I have an old Buescher True-Tone / Low Pitch saxophone.

These can be very nice horns and are popular with "legit" players. I have a 1926 soprano which I am very fond of.
    You don't mention what size it is, but no matter. I suggest looking for completed sales of similar horns on eBay to get a rough idea of the value, and take it to a reputable repairman to see what work needs to be done: a newly repaired horn will bring a lot more than one in the condition you describe.

Reply To Post