Saxophone Forum

by julilangley
(3 posts)
9 years ago

Beuscher Aristacrat Big b Tenor Saxophone

I am looking for a Beuscher Aristacrat big b tenor saxophone that was bought and sold in the Texas area in March. The serial number is 334375. This saxophone was stolen from my father in January and sold on ebay March 26th. From what the police have found is that it was purchased by a third party person and sold to someone else. This saxophone was purchased new by my father in 1952 when he was 20 years old, he was home on leave from the Air Force just before being sent to Korea. He has played this saxophone for nearly 50 years marching all over the united states with the Gordon-Bissell Post #4 American Legion Band. Dad has not been able to march anymore due to breathing problems brought on from complications from a triple bi-pass and aortic valve replacement. He does try to make the concerts when he can. This is when he found his saxophone missing, he was getting ready to go play a concert and when he went to get his horn it was gone. Stolen by his grandson and sold for $80 for his heroin habit. My dad has had an angina attack and my mom has had a heart attack due to the loss of this saxophone, it means the world to my parents, my dad used to play dances to make extra money for the family with this sax, plus march from spring to fall playing this saxophone. Please view my Facebook page I have set up for this, it is Pete Boufford's saxophones were stolen. If anyone has any information on this saxophone please contact myself or Officer Ben Nugent at the Keene police department at 603-357-9813 Thank you, Juli Langley

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by julilangley
    (3 posts)

9 years ago

Re: Beuscher Aristacrat Big b Tenor Saxophone

I am still looking for the Buescher Aristocratic Tenor saxophone serial number 334375.
    The last place it was sent to was Rochester NY.
    If you know anyone that has acquired, a vintage Buescher please contact me. 

Reply To Post

1. by julilangley
      (3 posts)

8 years ago

I would like to update my post.

After searching for the past 4 months for my father's saxophoner that was stolen.

I am happy to announce that there are good people out there. The gentleman that purchased my father's horn in California agreed to return it to my father.

This past Saturday my husband I gave him back his saxophone.

There is a video on youtube called Grandpa surprisedwith his stolen saxophone.

It is a very touching video.

Thank you all who have replied to me on Facebook.

Reply To Post

1. by JonHuff
        (117 posts)

8 years ago

Glad you found it! Great story

Reply To Post