Saxophone Forum

by barisaxiguy
(50 posts)
19 years ago

something strange...

ok, i'm usually in tune on bari w/ both my high and normal Bb concert, sometimes my high Bb is a little sharp, but not much. I got new reeds, same brand and size, but now my high note is extremely sharp, so i have to drop my jaw as far as i can to get it in tune, is something wrong?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by John Coltrane
    (84 posts)

19 years ago

Re: something strange...

how long do you soak your reeds? i had the same problem, and also what kind of reeds are they. and the reed maybe bad, i check all my reeds and pick out the good oens over the bads.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by John Coltrane
    (84 posts)

19 years ago

how long do you soak your reeds? i had the same problem, and also what kind of reeds are they. and the reed maybe bad, i check all my reeds and pick out the good oens over the bads.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by barisaxiguy
      (50 posts)

19 years ago

i soaked all of them for 15 minutes the night before i started playing them. theyre la voz medium hard reeds. hopefully it wasnt a bad reed patch..

Reply To Post

1. by John Coltrane
        (84 posts)

19 years ago

probably a bad patch or try harder reeds if you play classical music, only in jazz do you use softer for bari, well thats what i am told by my professor. or try a different reed set up, like vandoren blue boxes or alexanders.

Reply To Post Yahoo!