was up anybody out there. my name is geno and i am new to this community

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by kneejerk52
    (397 posts)

19 years ago

Re: new to saxquest

don't count on it i tried to get a response on an item for a week maybe you need to know somebody

Reply To Post

1. by karebear1012
      (395 posts)

19 years ago

naw. feel free to go to highschool saxophone and post in the young sax forum. most people don't even come to this section so that's probably why you don't get an answer. so what's going on? how long have you been playing sax? how old r ya? im in 9th gr and i've been playing alto sax for about 2 years. I'm lead sax in the HS jazz band and i also play the trumpet. I just had district auditions, and i'm sooo nervous because 65 altos tried out and only 6 get in!!!! cya, Kara

Reply To Post

1. by Geno
        (5 posts)

19 years ago

I'm 28 years old and i've been playing sax for about 15 years. I'm trying to finish college at Texas State in San Marcos, Tx. and a working musician at the same time. Just thought i would join saxquest because i like to find out info on saxes and talk about them as well.

Reply To Post

2. by jamrasjr
      (1 post)

19 years ago

I'm Jim and I'm just starting to learn the sax again after about 40 years. I picked up a used YAS-23 from a private party and got a lesson book from the local music store and, once again, I'm scaring the neighbors. Now I'm looking for a ligature. Any suggestions?

Reply To Post

1. by karebear1012
        (395 posts)

19 years ago

ligatures.... Well i use a rovner ligature for my alto sax, and i love it. some people hate rovners though, so i guess it's all personal preference. you should proabably consider trying one out if you get a chance. what reeds do you use? and what mouthpiece? those can make a huge difference too. Good luck, Kara

Reply To Post

1. by Buddyroach
          (9 posts)

19 years ago

Hey I guess I'm the new guy. My real name is Billy and I live in the Greater Miami Area. I'm a student in high school but I'm studying with some of the people who used to play in the University of Miami Concert Jazz Band. Those are just a few things about myself and I hope to get to know at least a few of you here.

Reply To Post

1. by karebear1012
            (395 posts)

19 years ago

Hey billy! I'm Kara, and I live up in New England. I've been playing the alto sax for about 2 years, trumpet for about 6, and the piano for at least 8.. I'm a freshman in highschool, and i'm lead alto in our jazz band. I play the trumpet in concert band and marching band. If you ever feel like it, feel free to go to the Highschool Saxophone section, and post in the Young Sax Forum. So what type of sax do you play? How long have you been playing? cya, K-

Reply To Post

2. by altosax
            (19 posts)

19 years ago

thats great you now how to play those instruments, i'd love to play trumpet and piano and maybe guitar too, in adition to the saxophone, just don't have time to learn now, maybe later in life.

Reply To Post