Saxophone Forum

by saxman0317
(53 posts)
19 years ago

Anyone got any opinions on the Cannonball horns?!

I've been looking for an upgrade in horns from an old buescher that i have outgrown and look at many choices, but just need some opinoins from others. Anyone got any comments on these horns, esp. The Raven?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by saxophoneplayingistight
    (13 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Anyone got any opinions on the Cannonball horns?!

Hey man, Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I personally hate the cannonballs i play a otto link 6* metal and boy when i tried those cannonballs i thought they sounded like crap. It seemed like there was a plug at the end of it. Also it probably has one of the worst key layouts ever. So i recommend you try out The YAMAHA CUSTOMS. They are incredible first time i tried one of those it was like nothing compared. CANNONBALLS ARE REALLY NOT WORTH THE MONEY. GOOD LUCK

Reply To Post AIM

1. by John Coltrane
      (84 posts)

19 years ago

yeah they arent worth the money but it depends on what kind of sound you want, they have a crashy type tone...not smooth. i would get something else.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by BariSaxplyr
    (35 posts)

19 years ago

I bought a cannonball tenor about a year and a half ago. When i played it, it was had a great sound. But about 4 months later, the horn basically starting falling apart both in sound and mechanics. I sold it back to the store and am thankful for the fact that i did. They're very expensive horns and not really worth what your getting, in my opinion. If you want a nice horn for a similiar price, maybe a few hundred more, the Z series tenors are really something, i recomend you give them a try.

Reply To Post