Saxophone Forum

by alneil
(4 posts)
19 years ago

brushed nickel silver vs. nickel silver

Hi, everyone. I posted this question in the first-timers discussion, but thought I'd post here, too! I'm considering buying an alto Keilwerth SX90R brushed nickel silver sax and wanted to know if anyone had any opinions they'd be willing to share about it. Is there a difference (other than cosmetic) between brushed nickel silver and regular nickel silver? Does anyone have an opinion on rolled tone holes? I've heard mixed reviews and am not sure if I should save myself a heap of money by getting a silver plated SX90 instead. Thanks for any thoughts, help, etc. Amy

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by karebear1012
    (395 posts)

19 years ago

Re: brushed nickel silver vs. nickel silver

MOM!?!??!?!??

Reply To Post

1. by alneil
      (4 posts)

19 years ago

Hi, Kara!!!

Reply To Post

2. by Spike
    (248 posts)

19 years ago

keilwerth offers a brushed finish to the nickle-silver composite? that's cool. well the difference is purely cosmetic. The nonbrushed will require more pulishing to keep shiney, but that's it. The rolled tone holes rock. don't listen to saxman(haha, take that, keith!!)

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Keilwerth's idea was to basically re-create the early model Conn horns with the matte silver plated finish, and I think they've done a very good job. These horns have a vintage look and sound, with faster more modern keywork and features. I've played a few Keilwerths and as I've said in a few other posts, I haven't met a Keilwerth I didn't like! You'll never see Selmer make anything this cool!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by alneil
        (4 posts)

19 years ago

Thank you for your help!

Reply To Post