Saxophone Forum

by Marriedtosaxist
(1 post)
19 years ago

finding a soprano

I am looking for a soprano sax- my xman plays alto but wants to start a soprano- I found a black nickel one with a "Quest" logo in a wreath engraved on the front- but I don't know who made it. Anyone know the manufacturer and what is a good price for such?

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by phathorn
    (165 posts)

19 years ago

Re: finding a soprano

Not familiar with that one....if you want a good inexpensive soprano check with kesslermusic.com. Their Antigua Winds sopranos are inexpensive and actually well made copies of Yanigasawas. Great deal for someone wanting to pick up a soprano

Reply To Post

1. by definition
      (963 posts)

19 years ago

I second the Antigua Winds - they are great horns. And also for kessler music, I have never known a bad reveiw to exist about dave kessler, the guy that runs the store.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
        (767 posts)

19 years ago

if I were looking for a soprano, I would definitely give Dave Kessler a call. The positive testimonials of his service are hard to deny. The Antiguas aren't the equal of the Yanagisawas in most people's mind, but they cost far less and are well built. The only complaints I hear about the Antiguas are the mediocre mouthpieces they come with, but Kessler should be able to recommend a better one like the Morgan Protone.

Reply To Post

2. by allie
      (7 posts)

19 years ago

hey i also am looking for a soprano and went on the kesseler website do u no wether they post out saxophones to the united kingdom?

Reply To Post

2. by allie
    (7 posts)

19 years ago

hi they have well known sax's for good prices on ebay.

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

the Antigua Winds horns are decent for the money. The Em winstons are nice too. I'd also look at www.wwbw.com and www.musiciansfriend.com. Musicians friend has the EM Einston and a couple others that are very afordable. I really like the Keilwerth models they sell. Good Luck

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by allie
        (7 posts)

19 years ago

thanx alot the website was a great help :)

Reply To Post