Saxophone Forum

by YanagisawA-901
(312 posts)
19 years ago

"happy birthday????"

hey guys, theres this girl that really means a lot to me..and todays her birthday..she sed "mike, for my birthday i want to hear you sing me happy birthday" i froze up and couldnt do anything..so to make it up to her, shes gonna visit me at christmas and i want to play the happy birthday song on my sax for her..haha the problem is..i cant find the music for it..and my ears are really bad and i cant hear the notes in my head..anyone wanna help me out?? lol

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by sgt17594
    (31 posts)

19 years ago

Re: "happy birthday????"

Please check www.sheetmusicplus.com , www.free-score.com or any other website... Hopefully, you would not violate the copyright! For the gal, it should be worth to pay more if she is pretty.....

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Here....hope you can understand this! Happy Birthday |G G A G C B| |G G A G D C| |G G (hi G) E C B A| |F F E C D C| Pretty simple really. Good luck! Hope you at least get a kiss for all your trouble!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Firk
        (31 posts)

19 years ago

connsaxman_jim, i think he may have been referring to the beatles tune, not the traditional. i could be wrong, but the traditional seems too easy not to be able to figure out. i think a mad solo, embelishing the beatles tune would impress anyone. it's a sweet tune. if that is the case, a lot of music stores have beatles books for all instruments(as well as other artists). take a look there. ~Firk

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Well, to someone who has an ear for music who has been playing a while, it's easy, but to a beginning player, maybe it's not so easy. He said Happy Birthday, not Birthday, by the Beatles. That song is really pretty simple too. Play around with this and you'll get it. This is in C, so it should be easiest to figure out. Play the lower case letters in a lower octave, the upper case letters are the lead. You'll see what I mean. |c c e g bflat a, G C C Bb Eb C| c c e g bflat a, G C C Bb Eb C| f f a c eflat a C F F C Ab C| c c e g bflat a , CC Bb Eb C| g g b d f e c D D C F D| c c e g bflat a a C C Bb Eb C. And I think you'll get the rest from here!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by YanagisawA-901
          (312 posts)

19 years ago

haha thanks guys, didnt expect the outcome i got..i was just shootin for the normal birthday song and id embelish it up a bit with like, glisses and fun stuff like that..she doesnt know music so shed be amazed by it..haha but conn, i have an ear for music and ive been playing for a good 5 years now, but my ear is really underdeveloped..im workn on it tho..haha thanks for the beatles version, i might bust that out too..just cuz i like the beatles..

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ