Saxophone Forum

by EdTheGreat
(11 posts)
19 years ago

Yanagisawa Saxes

Yeah I bought a yanagisawa a while back and I wanted to know what everyone would think of the T-991. I know it won't be very good for jazz but oh well, just wanted to know peoples opinions on the sax

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Yanagisawa Saxes

Why wouldnt it be great for jazz? It is the player that makes the horn great for what they want to do with it. My opinion of the T-991? that is a ....... good sax!!

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Yanagisawa saxes blow like a 40 year old hooker with a $100 bill! That's pretty good!

Reply To Post Yahoo!

2. by EdTheGreat
    (11 posts)

19 years ago

yeah thanks for the opinions I find the sax very impressing too but i ment for jazz mostly selmers are considered to do a better job at it, but yeah like you said its all about the player

Reply To Post

1. by connsaxman_jim
      (2336 posts)

19 years ago

The early Yanagisawa saxophones were basically Japanese copies of the Selmer Mk VI. Over the years, Yanagisawa has improved their horns quite a bit, while Selmer has pretty much lived of their reputation and bought up most of their competition. You can play anything on a Yanagisawa with the right set up.

Reply To Post Yahoo!

1. by Rben20
        (35 posts)

19 years ago

Edgar you got a otto link mpc...thats plenty to make it jazz sounding!

Reply To Post

2. by sax_braswell
      (22 posts)

19 years ago

I absolutely love my T-991. I play mostly rock and R&B on it. I really like the Yanagisawa and I think they are better than the new Selmer's. I have not played all of them, but I think my Yani is better than any Series II or III I've played! Just my 2 cents!

Reply To Post