Saxophone Forum

by Evans
(1 post)
19 years ago

Jazz Saxophone

Hello, I am a college student who currently plays on a Selmer Bundy II. I'm looking to go farther with my playing and instructors feel like the sax is somewhat holding me back. I love jazz and thats where my real passion for playing is, but I have to be able to do classical too. If I'm gonna get a sax I want it to be one of the last ones I'll ever buy, any ideas? Thank you very much for your time, its appreciated. -Evans

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by The_MarkVI
    (80 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Jazz Saxophone

Hey evans, for a new sax i would start trying out ones at your local music store. The old selmers are great and some of the new keilerths. Other ones to look at are yamaha yanigasawa and new selmers Have fun

Reply To Post

1. by karebear1012
      (395 posts)

19 years ago

Yeah, definately check out the Selmer series II, III, and the reference, and the Keilwerth SX-90 and SX-90R. I'm not a huge fan of Yamaha or Yani, but they're good pro horns too. ' Good luck!

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

The Kielwerths, Yanagisawas, Yamahas, and Selmers are all GREAT horns. I also highly recomend Antigua Winds, Jupiter, and Vintage Conns, Selmers, Martins, Beuschers, and Kings. Any horn will allow you to play the jazz and classical stuff. The horn has little to do with it. It is the player that makes it sound "Jazzy" or whatever the desired sound is.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM