Saxophone Forum

by daniel
(2 posts)
19 years ago

non leather pads

as a vegetarian i am looking for an alto sax that doesn't contain any leather i.e pads..... can anyone recommend models? i know of the dutch toptone saxes and would be grateful for any opinions about them - they are : www.toptone.nl thanks daniel [email protected]

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by peter090
      (155 posts)

19 years ago

Re: non leather pads

jim schmidt makes a metalized pad that is available through www.musicmedic.com I have no firsthand knowledge of these pads and for that matter whether or not they are made with any leather but it is at least a place to look. I suspect they would be more difficult to work with than standard pads. Good luck.

Reply To Post

2. by geddi
      (2 posts)

19 years ago

Are you joking? That was rather mean spirited.

Reply To Post

1. by caduceus02
    (6 posts)

19 years ago

In short, leather pads are the way to go. Anything else and you're compromising. I sympathize with your moral objection, but if you want to play well, you need leather pads.

Reply To Post AIM

1. by SelmerParisPassion
      (59 posts)

19 years ago

Yeah..... Leather's the best. The metalized pads are ok but you get leaking problems a lot easier in my experiences with them. If they're not on there perfectly it hisses. *wonders why no one cares about cork* I guess trees don't have feelings.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM ICQ