Saxophone Forum

by chase98bacon
(2 posts)
8 years ago

Yamaha YTS 875EX neck

I am a senior in HS and will be majoring in Saxophone Performance and minor in Jazz Studies this coming Fall. Havent decided on a brand/model horn, but if its not a Selmer, it will be a Yamaha YTS 875EX. I have a Custom Z alto. What neck comes with these new Tenors, and as far as finding a used horn, I have heard the G3 is the one to have on the EX? If not, whats your recomendation on neck choices for the Yamaha Tenors?

Thank you

Chase 

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by Saxquest
    (420 posts)

8 years ago

Re: Yamaha YTS 875EX neck

The Yamaha 875EX tenor comes standard with the G3 neck. I've found this is an excellent match for the EX tenor. It tunes extremely well and has a nice focused sound with plenty of depth in character. How well a new saxophone plays also depends on the quality of the set up. If you're looking at this high-end of a saxophone be sure to buy it from a pro-shop who understands the fine nuances involved in a new horn set up.

If you have any more questions feel free to give us a call at Saxquest. We're always happy to answer questions and help you navigate through all of the different options available today. (314) 664-1234

Cheers,
         Mark Overton
         www.saxquest.com

Reply To Post