Saxophone Forum

by caduceus02
(6 posts)
19 years ago

Yamaha YAS62 II vs. Custom Z

Can anyone offer advice on choosing between a Yamaha YAS II and a Custom Z. I'm leaning toward the 62II (I've played both), but would like to hear from folks who have longterm experience with these horns. I play classical and jazz...Thanks!

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by tsax_player
    (76 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Yamaha YAS62 II vs. Custom Z

I recently bought the Z, and really recommend it over the 62 II. I sat and played both for about two hours with my jazz and classical setups. I found that the Z's sound was better in both cases. The Z responded instantly with both of my setups and had a great tone with each. The 62II seems a little darker at first and I liked that, but intonation and the classical sound I was getting wasn't that good. The Z is also heavier, and made a little better. I know it is more expensive but the Z is a better horn in all areas, and well worth the money. Good Luck

Reply To Post

1. by eman19
      (131 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Yamaha YAS62 II vs. Custom Z

But if you like the sound of the 62 II more than the Z, go with that. Its what fits you, not the someone else. Just give everything in your area a try, and go with the one that moves your soul.

Reply To Post