Saxophone Forum

by knmusic
(4 posts)
19 years ago

Rascher Mouthpieces

I need some help. I am a band director and I want to purchase some Rascher Mouthpieces for my kids, but I am having a hard time locating where I can get some. I had some success a few years back, but that store is no longer available. If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Rascher Mouthpieces

wwbw.com carries rasher the last time i checked

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

2. by mattia
    (8 posts)

18 years ago

Rascher mouthpieces can be hard to find. There's actually a music shop near my town that has them in stock, believe it or not. The shop is Music Showcase in Brandon, FL., just east of Tampa, FL. (www.musicshowcaseonline.com) Also, you can order Rascher mouthpieces on the web at classicsax.com. Here is the URL to the Raschers- shop.classicsax.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jplpdoioo Classicsax.com also sells Caravan mouthpieces and lots of sheet music. Hope that helps.

Reply To Post

1. by rednecksax
      (24 posts)

18 years ago

yeah... Music showcase is where I found mine....and I love it. Mattia, What school do you go to? I'm the band captain at King.

Reply To Post

1. by mattia
        (8 posts)

18 years ago

Well, Rednecksax, alas, I am no longer in school. I went to Plant High in South Tampa (c/o 97), and attended UCF, and UT for a time. You're the band captain at King though? I saw your monty python show at FBA, great stuff. Back to saxophones, if you ever need any work done on your horn, Music Showcase is the place to go. Especially if it's a vintage/pro horn. I just had my tenor overhauled by Scott Robinson, he's the repair guy there, and he's brilliant. My horn has never been so easy to play, and it's not known for its ergonomics, it's a 1931 Selmer. The thing wails now, and plays amazingly in tune, for a 74 year old French sax. Scott does fantastic work, and he's realistic, and just a nice guy. And, even better, he's only a 25 minute drive from my house. So, that's my second Music Showcase plug this week....

Reply To Post