Saxophone Forum

by Steve Ronson
(1 post)
19 years ago

Which Alto do I hold on to?

Being short of cash, I need to sell one of my alto saxophones. I do not play much at the moment, but will start again soon. I even used to teach sax, something I may do in future. HOWEVER, will some of you better informed people please tell me which one to keep hold of, and what price I may be expected to get for each: 1. BEUSCHER ARISTOCRAT 200 (USA) 2. JUPITER JAS 769-767 (Taiwan) The Jupiter is in absolutely A1 condition, but the Beuscher seems to have a slight problem with the screw that tightens the neck when the crook is inserted. I do hope someone can help. Many thanks. Steve

Reply To Post [Report Abuse]

Report Abuse

Replies

1. by definition
    (963 posts)

19 years ago

Re: Which Alto do I hold on to?

Keep the bueascher man, it will hold its value(maybe even increase if you hold it long enough. The Jupiter is getting to be worth less and less as you read this.

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by johnsonfromwisconsin
      (767 posts)

19 years ago

---------------------------------------------------------------- Keep the bueascher man, it will hold its value(maybe even increase if you hold it long enough. The Jupiter is getting to be worth less and less as you read this. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bollocks. Have you seen the price increases for Jupiters in retail outlets and ebay lately?

Reply To Post

1. by definition
        (963 posts)

19 years ago

That price is for NEW Jupiters. Resale is still gonna kick you in the hinney these days

Reply To Post Yahoo! AIM

1. by connsaxman_jim
          (2336 posts)

19 years ago

Are they both in good shape other than the neck screw on the Buescher? If so, that's easy enough to fix. I agree, the Buescher sounds like the one to keep. I'd sell the Jupiter

Reply To Post Yahoo!